Monday, 2 July 2012

Reflection: Week One

Engagement Activities


I took the Birmingham Grid for Learning Test - Multiple Intelligences ( Take the test here ---> Multiple Intelligences) and answered a series of questions.
My results were as followed:
Kinasthetic: 17
Lingusistic: 15
Musical: 11
Logical: 10
Naturalistic: 12
Visual: 17
Intrapersonal: 15
Interpersonal (People Smart): 22

These results did not surprise me, in regards to my learning style, as I have always felt I was and am a Kinasthetic and Visual learner. I like learning experiences that requires you to touch, feel and see how something works etc.    Besides my Logical and Musical results the others were relatively close, which to me says that it is beneficial for me (the learner) to engage all these Learning Styles.

I still have a long way to go in learning about the full potential that ICT's can offer but from all the readings located within Week One I am now well aware that "ICT's are well positioned to cater to and for all learners."  We are in the technology era and students are learning and playing with ICT's/technology before they reach school.   It is important for teachers, I believe, to be up to date with 'things' that students are interested in.  In doing this teachers will also be able to understand the lingo that occurs within the technological era.

I found a very interesting discussion point that Margaryan& Littlejohn (2008) stated.  "Not all students are digitally active. Those that are, aren't involved in meaningful learning activities using ICT's. Most students only use web searches, word processing, YouTube and Facebook."  I completely a agree with this statement.


No comments:

Post a Comment